How Are Dental Implants Placed?
Dr. Gressell will examine your mouth and jawbone to determine if a dental implant is right for you. After your exam, a customized treatment plan is created.
- On the day of your procedure, a titanium implant is placed into the area of your missing tooth. Over time, your bone tissues will grow around the implant and permanently fuse with the metal implant making it a part of your mouth. The healing process is typically six to twelve weeks.
- When healing is complete, the abutment and crown are fabricated. The abutment is a tiny connector post that holds your artificial tooth in place. Dr. Gressell will ensure that the color of your crown will match the color of your natural teeth. Since the dental implant is integrated into your jawbone, it should function like the rest of your natural teeth.
What Are the Benefits of Dental Implants?
- Highly durable. Dental implants typically last 20 years or more with proper care.
- Quality of life. Many removable replacement options for missing teeth cause issues with speech, eating and cleanliness. Since dental implants are not removable and function like natural teeth, patients experience little to no impact on their quality of life.
- Conservative treatment. Other options for replacing a missing tooth impact other teeth in the mouth. Dental implants are a conservative option because they usually don’t impact the surrounding or opposing teeth.
Restore Your Smile with Dental Implants in Gig Harbor
Losing a tooth can significantly affect your self-esteem and oral function. At Harbor Hill Dentistry and Airway Center, we are proud to offer dental implant options to keep your smile beautiful and your teeth functional. Contact us today to discuss your options!